Saturday, March 23, 2013

Spin me right round

I freaking love my spinning wheel!

I must say, I knew that I would like spinning, but I had no idea how fun and addictive it is! 
This last week has been rather crazy and busy- lots of work, some babysitting, PACKING, planning, and traveling, but I did manage to finish spinning an entire 4 oz of yarn!

 Yesterday I spent the day in Chicago with my dear friends Sophy and Minnow. We went to school together our freshman year of college, but then we all transferred schools and haven't been able to see each other since.  It had been almost two years since we had been together!
I got on the South Shore train early yesterday morning, and met up with Sophy for coffee. We took a walk by the lake, visited the Bean, checked out the awesome Picasso exhibit at the Art Institute, ate some yummy sushi, and made friends with some sea stars at the Shed Aquarium. Then we met Minnow for some delicious diner food and went to a little sports bar where one of Minnow's friends had won free drinks for an hour. SO MUCH FUN! I am absolutely EXHUASTED today and my legs are killing me, but it was such a great day, and I was so happy to spend time with old friends.



Sophy


Art Institute

JELLIES!



Finished Objects

1) I finished my cabled hat!






















For this project I used Erin Ruth's Molly pattern with a mystery stash yarn and size US 3 and US 6 needles. I love this pattern! I will definitely be making another hat in the future. 

2) I finished spinning my first completed yarn!!!

I got 360 yards of a sport/DK weight 2 ply yarn out of 4 oz of Kool-Aid dyed Corriedale wool. 





















Works in Progress:

1) I started and have been working on these lovely socks


























These lovely socks are knit with Sensations Truly Pattern yarn in color 2280 on size US 0 needles (woah), using Wendy D. Johnson's Toe Up Socks with a Difference pattern and Emily Locke's Vanilla Bean stitch pattern. I knit on them for a long time of the train ride to Chicago yesterday.

2) I started knitting Carina Spencer's Zuzu's Petals  shawl/cowl with my Kool-Aid dyed Malabrigo Merino Worsted on size US 9 needles. 




















3) I just now transferred the Kool-Aid dyed BFL that I was spinning on my drop spindle onto my wheel and started working on that a little bit. I must say, I absolutely LOVE spinning with Blue Faced Leicester wool. It is much softer and easier to work with than the Corriedale wool that I used for my first project.




















Now back to deep cleaning my apartment before Sophy gets here tomorrow. The next time I post I will be in a new apartment!!

-Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment