Monday, July 15, 2013

Getting ready for vacation

Only a week until vacation!

The last couple weeks have been really stressful at work, so I am very excited to have some fun next week. My family and I are going to stay in a cabin on a ski resort in upper Michigan. I can't wait. It's going to be fantastic! 

I've been getting some projects done lately and I am planning on bringing a few things to work on on vacation, so hopefully I will have a ton to show you next time I post. 

Here's what I've been up to lately. Sorry that the picture quality isn't that great this time, but I just wanted to get something up to show you while I have time. 

Finished Objects

1) I finished all of the knitting on my tank top finally! 

I still have to finish sewing it together and putting buttons on, and then it will be wearable and beautiful! I will post another picture here once it's completely finished, but here is what it looks like being blocked. 
















Edit: Here are some finished pictures






























This is knit with Queensland Sugar Rush in color 02 and size US 3 (3.25 mm) needles using the Versailles Shell pattern. I am so excited to wear this!!



2) I started and finished one sock. I was feeling kind of sad last week, so I wanted to make something bright and happy.





















I am knitting these on size US 1 (2.25 mm) needles with Knit Picks Felici Sport in Southwest. I am using Wendy D. Johnson's Toe-Up Slip-Stitch Heel socks, but I am knitting them with a 3x1 ribbing and an eye of partridge heel, which makes the heel pretty and stretchy.  They are so bright and cute and they fill me with glee. 


Works in Progress


1) I am still working on my handspun shawl for Molly.




















I am knitting this with size US 7 (4.5 mm) needles with Corriedale hand spun yarn using Jane Tanner's Dane Shawl pattern. The lace is going to be gorgeous when it is finished but I think the yarn might be a bit to scratchy for Molly. 

2) I am almost done with Brandon's second sock!




















I just got past the heel on the second sock, so I'm not to far from finishing now! I am knitting these with Patons Kroy Socks FX in Camo Color with size US 1.5 (2.5 mm) needles and a combo of Hermione's Everyday Socks and Wendy D. Johnson's Toe Up Socks with a Gusset Heel.

Stash Enhancement

Ok, so I may have cheated and bought some yarn last week. But purely for therapy.























This yarn is normally around 9 dollars and I got it for 3 dollars at Tuesday Morning. I love deals!


So that's all that's going on with me right now. Tomorrow (or actually today, since it's late) is Brandon's and my four year anniversary, and I am excited to spend the day with him and do fun date things. I'll give you more updates after vacation!

-Nicole

1 comment: